I’m intentionally writing this on election day before I see any election results. It matters who won and yet there are certain things faithful and hopeful people must do next – regardless of who was elected.
Following Christ is bigger than following elections. We know that, right?
I’ve been writing about 21st Century cultural shifts for a long time but today more than ever I hope we will:
- Get out there. (Don’t hide behind your desk.)
- Be deployed to serve in the world. (Jesus said, “Go out.”)
- Teach others how to serve. (Don’t try to do it all ourselves.)
- Recognize that people connect with God and each other in different ways. (My way is not the only way.)
- Stop otherizing people. (We are all in this together.)
- Stop expecting other people to serve us. (It’s time to serve others.)
- Remember that rules exist for the sake of relationships. (See earlier post.)
Whether you are celebrating or mourning today, there’s work to do. Let’s get out there.
Image from a slide I use when talking about necessary church shifts.