Now that we are a mere five days into this self-imposed/CDC suggested Social Distancing Time (SDT) what are you finding are the most helpful distractions?
- Does it help to listen to Podcasts about the care and feeding of pygmy goats?
- Does it help to re-watch Season Two of Glee? (i.e. Blaine)
- Does it help to Kondo a closet?
After multiple Zoom Calls this week, it probably helps to go for a walk? Maybe the best thing is to Telehealth with your therapist and then go for a walk.
Complete the following sentence:
I never realized how much I enjoyed ______until we shifted to SDT.
- I never realized how much I enjoyed eating in crowded restaurants by myself (as opposed to eating by myself in my apartment) until SDT.
- I never realized how much I enjoyed a simple touch on the arm until SDT. (I have not physically touched a living thing – except for plants – in five days. Who has a COVID-free puppy?)
And so we distract ourselves in healthy ways. I worry about our 12-Step Groups as there is so much time for day drinking. And overeating.
Finding the thing that soothes us might be a weekend goal. In the meantime, be gentle with yourselves out there. And share – if you wish – what you are missing and what you are distracting yourself with. Thanks.
Image of Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson with the Dalton Academy Warblers. Season 2 of Glee.
I never realized how much I enjoyed (and depended on) hugs until SDT. I am grateful for my cats right now; and will never take hugs for granted again.
Agree. I googled “animals available to hug “ last night.