- The White House website is no longer offered in Spanish.
- The White House website has removed all mention of climate change.
- The White House website has removed all mention of LBGTQ rights (or of the existence of LBGTQ people.)
- The White House website has removed all mention of civil rights.
- Although the First Lady’s web page had first included this line: “In April 2010, Melania Trump launched her own jewelry collection, ‘Melania™ Timepieces & Jewelry,’ on QVC.” – it has since been removed after advisers agreed that it looked like a commercial.
Our reputation as a global nation might be shifting, but we are still called to be a global church because Jesus calls us to make disciples of all nations. For God so loved the world (not just the United States.)
Sorry for all the hyperlinks.
A global Church seeks to:
- Speak the language of the people. Thank you PCUSA for printing materials in English, Spanish, and Korean because those are the languages of the people in our congregations.
- Be stewards of creation. Thank you PCUSA for encouraging churches to be Earth Care Congregations.
- Protect the vulnerable. Thank you PCUSA for appreciating and lifting up the gifts of LGBTQ persons.
- Seek justice for all. Thank you PCUSA for expanding our ministry to minorities, refugees, and the poor.
- Remember that it’s not about us. Thank you for our Reformed theology.
Now more than ever, the Church is called to be different, to counter the culture, to be like Jesus in the world.
I’m not giving up on my country. But it looks like the Church will increasingly need to take the lead in showing the world what God is calling us to be and do.